We often hear from you that the process of searching for giving opportunities can be overwhelming and makes it tough to "just get started" giving with your kids. To simplify the process for you, we are beginning a monthly givingPROJECT! Every month, we will choose a different theme and offer some simple ideas for giving within that theme. If it works for your family, please join us! And if not, there's always next month. You can do one or all of the ideas or create your own -- there are no rules here. :) We hope this is as fun for you as it is for us. And please share with us how you're giving!
- Plant seeds or bulbs for future growth and nurture the important work of the bees
- Pick flowers to bring life to someone else's home
- Buy flowers for a neighbor or complete stranger
- Create cards with hand-drawn flowers or stickers to distribute to nursing homes, nonprofits, or hospitals
- Pack up inexpensive terracotta pots, seed packets and potting soil to donate to an after school program (check for the need/interest first!) -- You could also volunteer your time to oversee the activity
- Spend some time volunteering in a community garden
- Bake flower-shaped cookies or treats to distribute
However you choose to give with flowers this month, as always, be sure to include your children at every step and discuss how you are giving, to whom you are giving, and how you feel it will make a difference.