- Pay attention. Keep your eyes, ears and hearts open. When you do, you will see just how often and in how many ways your simple acts of giving can make an impact.
- Practice gratefulness. Take a few moments to actively reflect upon the people, things, and experiences for which you are grateful. This is great motivation and a reminder about giving.
- Think outside the box. If you can't give financially or with time right now, think about the other ways you might be able to give -- random acts of kindness, offering a skill you already have, the possibilities are endless!
- Be willing to sacrifice...a little. Giving shouldn't make you feel that you have been put out so much that you don't want to give again. Find acts of giving that fit with your lifestyle, budget and interests.
- Don't give up. If you have a plan to give and it doesn't happen or work out the way you had hoped, don't stop. If you feel a pang in your heart to spontaneously give, but then decide not to at the last minute, don't stop. It will work out one day! Don't let it prevent you from giving the next time. Remember -- giving doesn't always look perfect.